Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Goings On

Here's the rundown of what has been going on at the Moser house:

Lex has been learning to read with this AWESOME, easy to use book called, The Ordinary Parents Guide to Teaching Reading.  We love it, and it's really working. I am amazed at how well he is doing and the way he can sound out words and read small sentences! 

 The weather has been somewhat nice...if not warm and sunny, at least tolerable, so we've been jumping on our trampoline.  I must tell you that I think my husband might enjoy it even more than the kids.  We love going out after dinner and all jumping together as a family. Lots of good fun!

Yes, this is a picture of Ty in his skivvies.  I have no idea why he is not wearing pants and I'm sorry.  This is the only picture of the trampoline I have right now.


At night the kids and I have started reading their first big chapter book.  I don't know if 2 1/2 and 4 is to young, but they really look forward to it every night.  We are reading, Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater.  I think this is going to  become a fun tradition, hopefully for the rest of their lives. We've always read picture books at night, and we still do, but we also do one chapter a night of this new chapter book.  Gosh darn it, my kids are going to be well read if it kills me! :)


So that's what's going on in the Moser house.  Pretty boring, but it's a good life.  At least most days.

1 comment:

  1. Summer, you crack me up!!! Tyler is really in his skivvies!!!! :))))) That made me laugh out loud! Your kids have and will continue to have a most wonderful life with you and Tyler as parents! Love being friends with you. God Bless my fellow biblioholic!

    ReplyDelete