Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ode to Caffeine

I want to take a little time today to thank the maker of caffeine (ok, so that's probably God) and just let caffeine know how much I appreciate and rely upon it.

Dear Caffeine.

I want to thank you every time I wake up at 2 am hearing someone vomit in the next room.  I want to thank you and 5 am when my son wakes up and decides he can't go back to sleep and wants to eat some eggs. I want to thank you every morning when i brew my tea, because I know you are going to be their bolstering my up, and  keeping me going. I want to thank you during the tantrums, sicknesses, meetings, late night sheet changings, and early morning workouts.  I want to thank you at 4 pm when I can barely keep my eyes open to drive home, but you get me there safely.  I want to thank you when I'm at my in-laws, because not only do you keep me awake and moving, but somehow able to restrain my rage and keep from killing people.  I want to thank you at bed time because as I ready myself to be awoken 3 or 4 times, I know you are going to be there for me in the morning so I can do everything all over again.  So here's to caffeine.  A main staple of my diet, for good or bad.  It keeps me running, and able to do the things that need to be done.

Your Biggest Fan,

Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment