Friday, May 20, 2011

Walking Tour of the Farm



Most nights in the Spring and Fall, we take the kids and dogs on a walk across the corn field beside our house, to Ty's grandparent's house to visit. We decided to do this last night, and I thought, what a great opportunity to show you the farm where I live. The kids are always really excited and fight over who gets to hold Mackenzie's (the pug) leash.  So here we are ready to go


And we're off


Lilly and Tank take off towards the barn and down the lane that will take them across the cornfield and up to the Grandparent's house. MacKenzie on the other and does this.


It usually takes MacKenzie twice as long as Tank to get up the lane because she rolls on the grass ever 15 feet.  It is very annoying, but the kids love it. On to the tour. After you walk toward the lane you have to go past the pig barns. 


See those round things sticking out the sides? Those are fans. We walk right past all of them as they are blowing out hot fetid pig air.  It's awful, I hold my breath the whole time. Then we get to the true gem of the farm.  I'll let you guess what this lovely thing is.


If you haven't guess it already, that is the poop pit.  That's right, it's a giant round pit in the ground filled with liquefied pig poop.  I always tell Ty that he is not allowed to drown in the pit, because I refuse to be the widow who'a husband drowned in a vat of poop.  How embarrassing. Wouldn't it be awful to drown in that? Buh, I can't even think about it anymore. On with the tour. Up the lane are some more of our grain bins, and the grandparent's house.

So there you have it, besides the endless field of corn and soybean, and all of my husbands relations within a 1/4 mile radius, that is the view from where I sit.


No comments:

Post a Comment