Friday, January 6, 2012

Holy Crap, Could I be Stylish?

I've just  finished knitting up the second thing in a week for myself. I'm feeling kind of selfish. Anyways, I received a gorgeous pea coat from my sister, and needed something to go with it. So there's my excuse.  I went to Ravelry and saw a pattern for a cowl like the one they've been selling at Gap.  I got the pattern, changed a few things, and knit this little beauty right up.



I don't think I've ever looked this fashionable! Cute right? I may or may not be wearing my frog pajama pants in this picture.  Basically this cowl is just one big loop that you double up and put around your neck.
Does my forehead always look this long?
You can't see it well, but the cowl is knit in seed stitch. Which means you alternate between knit and purl so it looks bumpy. (Bumpy? Sorry, that's the most technical term I could come up with right now.) 

The changes I made to this pattern were slight. I increased the number of stitches cast on from 131 to 151.  I wanted the cowl to be a little longer, and I used a size 11 needle instead of a 13. Mostly because I didn't have a 13 and didn't feel like buying one.  Also I only knitted it until it was 10 inches wide instead of 15.  I'm a small person and didn't want this thing covering my head.

1 comment: