Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow & Owls

For the last couple of days, we've been hit pretty hard with snow.  I hate snow. I hate the cold.  I hate bundling up my kids with 15 layers just to go to the grocery store.  I really hate being snowed in, and that's exactly what happened the last couple of days.  I was snowed in with two cranky kids who want to tear each other's heads off.  All in all it was a pleasant experience. (insert sarcasm) On the good side we did make some great chocolate sheet cake from Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman Cookbook, (did I mention I've probably gained a few pounds while being snowed in?) and I was able to work on a hat design that I've been thinking of for a while.

Isn't my nephew Fyo the cutest? Love those eyes!
I've been wanting to make and owl hat, but just didn't have the time.  So while kids were napping, and I was chugging down copiously amounts for Diet Dr. Pepper I came up with this cute little sack owl hat.  Let me know what you think.You can purchase on in my Etsy store.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a great shot of Fyo! Milliseconds before he snatched the hat off! Nice work with the hat AND the snapshot!

    ReplyDelete