Monday, February 28, 2011

An Ode to the Pug

Lately I have been awash in a see of melancholy, stress, and sadness.  Between work and home, I've been pretty much emotionally drained, but my everyday pick-me-up is my darling Pug, Mackenzie Mae Ostermier.

Ten Reasons why my Pug is the best dog in the world
1. She sits and snuggles up next to me no matter what I look or smell like.
2. At night she sleeps perfectly snuggled in the crook of my knees
3. Her face (seriously she's  a pug... gorgeous!)
4. Her velvety soft ears
5. Her unerring devotion to me
6. She has been with me through every big life-changing moment in my life. (going to college, grandparents dying,    getting married, having kids....ect.)
7. She cleans off every dinner plate so I don't have to scrub it before I put it in the dishwasher
8. She puts up with my children
9. Her big brown eyes always tell me she loves me
10.  On those rare morning when I get to sleep in, she snuggles her head on my next and we snore peacefully together.

These 10 reasons could never convey the depth of my affection for Mackenzie.  She is undeniable one of my best friends.  Now if I could only get her to stop barking at every living thing she spots out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment