Monday, August 29, 2011

We've Got Eggs!

Our chickens are now officially hens! We've got eggs! Friday afternoon I went to check on the chickens before I went home.  When I got there, I saw a beautiful little egg sitting in the nesting area.  Me, a very serious 27 year old, screamed like a little girl and ran around the yard waving my arms madly. Sadly, my kids were not with me at the time, so I called them and told them the great news.  Apparently, Lex, after hearing the news, also screamed and ran around waving his arms madly .



That night we scrambled up our tiny little egg and the kids ate it.  Lex said, "This is the best egg I've ever tasted."








My Mother gathered another egg on Saturday and then the kids, for the first time, collected two eggs on Sunday. We also spent Sunday afternoon fencing in the chickens yard, but I'll leave that for another post. Suffice it to say, the kids and I are ecstatic with our lovely little chickens and their perfect little eggs!  



No comments:

Post a Comment