Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ethan's Hat AKA The Super Sneaky Spy Hat

A couple of weeks ago, OK maybe a month ago, a customer came in with her kids.  I had made a couple of hats for her daughter, and now her son  Ethan, a boy of probably 9 or 10 asked if I could make him a hat with glasses.  I thought that this idea was kind of awesome so I said I would try.  It took me a couple of tries to get the glasses right, but I think the hat turned out pretty cool, and I hope that Ethan likes it.

I made the glasses by knitting them up and then felting them, thus making them a little sturdier.  I left them to dry around two spice containers to get the perfect rectangular shape.  I then knitted up a basic stocking cap and sewed the glasses inside.  The genius of this hat, and I must give all the credit to Ethan because it was his idea, is that the glasses pull down.  You can wear the hat normal, and then just pull down the glasses whenever you want! I kind of want one of these.  What an awesome idea.

 Here are a couple of pictures of my latest creation.  Please don't make fun of my face. Just look at the picture and pretend it is not the worst picture of me you have ever seen.
Regular Summer

Super Spy Summer....I fixed that little fuzz by the eye btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment