Friday, July 1, 2011

Birthday Cake

My sister Haley and Lilly making more frosting
I can describe my June with two words, birthday cake.  It seems like everyone one in my family has a birthday in June, hence lots of birthday cake. I love cake, as does my bum.  It always get a little bigger in June, but enough of my bum.  This June, my little girl turned three and she asked for a Princess Cake. My sister and I said sure, how hard could it be.  After over 3 hours here is what we made. By we I mean mostly Haley...I kind of stood around and wished really hard that it would look nice.


I'd like to say that it was easy, and fun, but you'd have to ask Haley.  During the whole process we were pretty much freaking out.  It looked horrible while we were making it, but the finished product turned out pretty awesome.  Lilly loved it and that's all that counts.

The bottom layer consists of two 13x9  cakes, and the top layer is two 5 inch round cake. The turrets are sugar cones on top of cake cones jammed into the cake.  I think if we had it over to do again we would use fondant instead of butter cream frosting. But seriously, didn't Haley do an awesome job? My brother Zach sure liked it.

1 comment: