Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tents and Farmer's Market

This has been such a fun summer to watch my kids.  Lilly just turned 3 and Lex is 4, and they are really getting to the age where fireflies are magical, and they want to help  me in the garden, and swimming at the pool doesn't stress me out so much that I want to pull all my hair out.  It's been delightful.


The room is a little crowded with two tents.
Just this last week we were gifted a Little Mermaid sleeping bag and matching tent.  I set this up for my daughter and my kids haven't stopped playing in it since.  I had to make the boy a little fort with some sheets and chairs.  They have slept in them the last two night.  They have gone to bed easier these last couple night then ever before.  I hear them whispering to each other and playing in their tents.  This is how childhood should be.

Here's the little boy asleep in his tent.

This morning the kids and I decided that we would sell some of our herbs at the farmer's market outside of my bookstore.  Lilly spent the early morning cutting and bunching herbs with me, and Lex helped me set things up once we got there.  They divided up the items between themselves, and waited to make some money. It was super cute.  We had a great time, and they worked pretty hard for their money.  We decided that all this money will go into a little "fun for the kids" fund.  Hopefully over the next couple of months we can make enough to go to a couple of museums in Chicago or Indianapolis. 


Here the kids are, anxiously awaiting their first sale.

Here are some of the herbs & homemade croutons we had for sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment