Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Childhood

I've been watching my children over the last couple of days, marveling at their little ideas and games, and I've decided how to describe childhood.  To be honest, my mom said this to me the other day as we watched my daughter run from one bounce house to another, (We were at this awesome indoor bounce house play place) and it's stuck with me.  Childhood can be defined as "Running to Nowhere".  

Watch kids, really watch them, they run.  They run and laugh for no reason.  Not like adults, who run to relieve stress, or stay in shape, or get somewhere in a hurry.  Kids run for the pure joy of running. They don't have to have a destination or a timeline or a specified course to run. They just take off.

Like I said, I've been watching the boy and girl and they spring everywhere outside, laughing, giggling, and going nowhere.  When was the last time I ran like that? I can't even remember.  I hope they never stop being carefree and joyful.  I love to watch them run to nowhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment