Friday, April 8, 2011

New Home and New Hat

Yes, we frequently stay in our pajamas all day. Sue me
We now have 6 chicks, Penelope and Juniper hatched this week, living with us, and I decided it was time to get a bigger brooder. Having no more  boxes I went online and saw that someone had made a brooder out of a dog kennel, so that's what the kids and I set out to do.  The kids loved the project, but I'm not sure how much they really helped. We are all very proud of our new creation, and the chicks seem to love their new home.  I love walking past the room and glancing in to see what the chicks are doing. They are such adorable little creatures.

My son just sits and watches them now that he doesn't have to stand on a stool to see them

On a totally different not I've recently finished a hat for a lady who gave me to pictures and said, "put them together."  I did just that, and this is what it became.
This is not my hair arm or hand, this is my husbands. I just had to put that out there.

I think it turned out pretty cute.  I think it will look even better on the baby.  If I get picture I will be sure to post them up here.  

Lilly's Sweater Update: I am now shaping the armholes and am pretty happy with the project so far.  There are a few mistakes, and I don't love the yarn.  But the pattern is so beautiful that even my own ineptitude cannot ruin it.  I would like to have it done by Easter.  We'll see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment