Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chickens and Butter Mints - Things that Make me Happy

I'll admit it, I've been a horrible blogger this summer.  I've been in a bit of a funk, and haven't felt like posting lately.  Today though, I've decided to share with you my newest favorite things: chickens and butter mints. (not together of course.)

I can't remember if I wrote about the great chicken massacre of 2012, but long story short, all my chickens were killed.  Last week, I was able to procure 6 lovely pullets (chickens almost ready to start laying) and have sincerely loved watching them explore their new home.  I know this sounds silly, but cleaning out their coop, and watching them explore the yard brings me such a feeling of peace and calm.  I desperately need these few minutes everyday.  How I've missed having chickens.







Here's the run down of my new chickens.  I've got 3 Road Island Reds, my daughter has named them all Lovey.  Two Leghorns,  named Kazoo, and Lizzie by my son, and one Barred Rock named Bardy, palso named by my son. I'll update you more on them as they grow and start laying eggs.

Second, and probably the most harmful of my two new favorite things, are my homemade buttermints.  I found the recipe here on Pinterest, and cannot stop making them.  They are quite possibly the most delightful things I have every made.  I am a great lover of butter mints anyways. The recipe is easy to follow, though I don't add the food coloring.  keep them in the fridge for the perfect melt in your mouth treat.  Blame these when I end up 400 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment