Saturday, June 23, 2012

I Sort of Rocked this Tinker Bell Cake

My daughter turned 4 last weekend.  My sister and I have this tradition where we try to make an epic cake of the child's choosing every year.  Usually we do okay, but this year, I must say we totally rocked it.  My daughter requested a Tinker Bell cake, and after perusing Pinterest looking for ideas, we had a plan.

Haley came over the afternoon of Lilly's birthday, and we got the cakes I had baked earlier in the week out of the freezer, and got to work.

We mixed up the frosting


Then after applying it, I did this new trick I learned here, and smoothed the frosting with paper towel so it looked as smooth as fondant.


My sister added the trim, and I did my best at the curlicues.  Not to shabby.


Haley had the great idea of getting edible sparkles, so my son helped blow them on the cake


Here's the birthday girl showing off her new swimsuit and goggles on her way to her birthday party.


And here is out masterpiece.  Kind of awesome right? Haley and I are pretty sure it's the best cake we've ever made.  Maybe we should just retire now.



Lilly loved her cake, and had a fantastic birthday. Two points for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment