Friday, March 16, 2012

Make this Today!

Holy Moly Canoli! I just got the new Ree Drummond cookbook, Food from my Frontier and decided to try some of the recipes.  Ok, that's dulling it down a little.  I got the book, screamed like a little girl, and then neglected my work whilst I ooooed and awwed over every page. I have her first cookbook and use it at least once a week.   As you probably know I am kind of addicted to Ree Drummond's Blog Thepioneerwoman.com go there just once and your life will never be the same.



So on Thursday I made the fabulously delicious apple dumplings featured in the book.  Here's the crazy thing.....they are made with Mountain Dew! Yea, I wasn't sure what to expect when I tasted them, but let's just say they are so addicting and wonderful that this is the 2nd batch I've made.  I don't feel right giving you the whole recipe since the book just came out this week, so go get the book and you won't be disappointed.  I also made the fried chicken tacos for supper and they were delightful I just forgot to take pictures. I was to busy stuffing my face!


Even the boy will eat them! He doesn't eat anything!



Chicken update: all four of our chicks are doing great, though I think I might have three roosters and one hen! What horrible luck.  Aren't they adorable? This is Princess.


No comments:

Post a Comment