Tuesday, November 29, 2011

In Which I Bake and Awesome Dirt Bike Cake, Ringo Star Plays Baseball, and My Boy Turns Five!

The past couple of weeks have been insane.  My little boy turned 5 on Thanksgiving! I can't believe it! My baby boy is a whole hand.  It's killing me,but I'm not going to lament the aging of my children on this post.

My son and my husband love to watch Motocross and Supercross, so of course Lex requested a dirt bike cake.  After scouring the internet and finding some pictures of cakes, my awesome sister and I decided to take on the challenge. So after nearly burning down my house, incurring the wrath of my husband,  and scorching the cake, we managed to make quite and awesome cake, if I do say so myself.
We started with a sheet cake and a regular 13x9 cake. 

we used sheet cake as the base, and cut up the regular cake to make the jumps and whoops.

Thanks Haley for icing it.

I've noticed through this blog that we spend an awful lot of time in our PJ's

Lex helped put the marshmallows on to show the riders where to go.



I'm pretty proud of how it all turned out, considering how awful it started.

In our downtime Ringo Star came to our house to play some baseball.  Lilly constantly cracks me up with her dress up outfits! That girl is a diva!

So, my boy turned five.  We ended up having a party at the local indoor water park, which was a blast.  I would post pictures but I can't seem to choose the best ones out of the 100s I took.  It's just amazing to me how fast my sweet little man is growing up.  He's already a rock star!

Yup, another picture with my kids in their PJ's!



No comments:

Post a Comment